Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Why you should keep Netflix rental plan

Netflix is red hot right now, and it recently announced price increase in plans in 2011, encouraging subscribers to sign up on streaming only plan. But not so fast yet, I've using Netflix for a long time, and I love their streaming service (see my blog here), especially their new iPhone app. However, Netflix's instant streaming collection is still very limited, not only most of the new releases are not included, some great classics also are not available. As in streaming quality, we watched Home Alone 2 on a 46" LCD TV via a Samsung Bluray DVD player and a very good set up of home theater system, audio is good, video is at a satisfactory above DVD quality, but definitely not close to 720P. I would still keep my Bluray DVD rental plan for $2-$3 more a month until Netflix has all the new releases on streaming, and video quality is close to 720P, at least

No comments:

Post a Comment